I noticed that one of my friends well someone I once thought was had written something on facebook. It read:
Why the hell does everyone feel the need to write a motivational speech out of "footprints' or "the secret" every damn day on here. Why don't you just go live it. Tell me about your experience. But these damn borrowed speeches are not only sounding completely unintelligent (because they were written by someone previously). But the majority of the people don't live by these lifestyles they preach in the first place.
Well it kinda struck a nerve really and I felt like writing something on the comment and explaining why but then there were 40 people on there that had commented that obviously share the same views, so rather that get in any debate I figured I'd share on my blog.
Well I don't think people feel the need to write motivational speeches on facebook, rather they like the surround themselves with positivity. I don't run into people very often that are strong believers in the secret, that don't surround themselves with positivity. Moreover those same people like the promote how they live, and what they believe in to other people.
Often you run past quotes from books, movie, bibles, the secret that just stand out in your mind. And you being a sharing positive person you hope that the same quote might stand out in someone else's mind and/or life. I personally have become a huge follower of Mike Dooley. He sends me quotes everyday along with I think 2 or 3 million other people. His quotes have seriously changed my life, and I a lot of times like the share those with others. Is that wrong? Does that make one sound "unintelligent" especially when the quote is put in quotation marks showing others that it is not your work rather than someone else's.
I don't think so.
How many Christians, Jews, Mormons, etc are there in the world? How many holy books is there in the world? Well I don't know the exact answer to that question but I do know a lot. Every time you see someone holding a sign that says John 3:16 does that make them unintelligent because they have stolen the words that Jesus already spoke?
Why did this facebook message strike a nerve you might ask? Well by the same person that posted it I noticed also added this somewhere around comment 30:
"Its not about knocking on one door... until the dang thing finally opens. It's about knocking on all of them." - Knock on some doors today. (absolutely brilliant people)
Well that is what I happened to quote from Mike Dooley that day, I also added the part to knock on some doors. I tend to be as positive as possible throughout my life and surround myself with other people that are. Now I know we all have our problems. Some people get sick, some people loose their jobs, others loose family members. My life is no different. I've gotten divorced, lost my best friend to drugs, changed careers, and several other things have happened to me that has made the road bumpy at times. I have chosen a life that I believe will be successful and in order to do that I must knock on many doors. Working in the ER, doing nightlife events, selling animal hats, going to Sundance film festival, then the superbowl, then Vail all for work all in the next 6 weeks, I would consider knocking on some doors. And I know damn fucking well, i'm gunna knock someone of them down one day.
I was pretty shocked that while trying to spread positive messages and good vibes to people all over, that there are still people out there that wanna knock you down. Insult you, making statements like "absolutely brilliant people"
I find it extremely sad actually, because until those people look at them selves in the mirror and surround themselves with "unintelligent people" trying to bring each other up. They will continue to be ultra educated negative souls wondering what happened with their life.
The title of my blog was surroundings and I encourage everyone to keep surrounding yourself with quotes you hear, things you learn, and sights you see. And the positive people that you surround yourself with will be sitting on the beach in paradise with you one day, while the others are sitting at the coffee shop wondering what happened.
Attitude changes = success. http://www.tut.com/
"Thoughts become things" "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." "nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
Those belong to Mike Dooley, Jesus, and Ralph Waldo Emerson, probably should repeat them, you might sound unintelligent.
Matthew Alvin
No comments:
Post a Comment